Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Changed The Comment Settings

Who Can Comment?

One's options:

* Anyone - includes Anonymous Users
* Registered Users - includes OpenID
* Users with Google Accounts
* Only members of this blog

So originally, I'd selected the option allowing only those with blogger accounts to comment. A comment spam limitation measure. But now it looks like that option has converted to "Users with Google Accounts." Which makes sense, given the takeover.

So anyway. First I was thinking, throw the whole thing open for a while! See if the anonymous people get unmanageable. But then I thought - what the heck do I care what anonymous people have to say? No offense, but even the most forthright and altruistic anonymous commenter will be forced to admit that there are more dickheads posting as 'anonymous' than any other handle. But that aside. I oughtn't obstruct these other "Registered Users," whoever they may be. If they care to comment, and they've taken steps to be registered, then they should have a chance to have a say.

Anyway, that's it. I don't expect a huge deluge or anything, but I know when I try to comment on some thing out there in the wide world's web, it's always a little letdown that I can't. So do unto others, sir.

No comments: