Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Infamy At A Pool Hall

The people I play pool with are a bunch of fucking pigs, man. You be the judge. Here are some actual remarks that were heard spoken, aloud, often in an audibly loud voice, by some of us guys playing pool. I'm not talking about at the other tables! I'm talking about at my table - just the group of guys that I was a part of, playing pool! Is that some messed up stuff or what? That I could countenance that, that I could deign to stamp that with my implicit lick of approval! I mean lick...like one would lick a stamp. You know. Stamp. Lick? Okay, maybe you'll think I lost the metaphor on that one, but just you read for yourself, you be the judge:

Actually you know what, I'm going to include some examples of not-necessarily piggish trash-talking mixed in as well, along with the more overt piggishness, just to give you more of the flavor of the whole atmosphere.

:
"Whenever I see a girl with a BIG ASS - you know, a real big ass? And some nice, real tight jeans on them and it looks real good? I always get a little suspicious. Because...what's really holding what up, there? The ass or the jeans?" (I should point out that no one said "True Dat" at this point - but they might just as well have)

"You can look at your watch for a thousand hours straight, son, but it ain't EVER going to be time for you to kick my ass, SON."

"You know, if I had a gay lover? She would probably be one of those with the short haircut, you know? When it comes to lesbians I prefer the butch ones. Otherwise what's the point - where's the exotic component?"

"I find if you put a little effort into cultivating the minor enthusiasms, it goes a long way towards offsetting the major disappointments." - "Yeah?" - "Yeah, I think so." - "Maybe that's a sign good has more of an effect than evil...?" - "Yeah? COULD BE, motherfucker!" - "Indeed."

"Eight off the twelve, corner."

"You know what I like about Playboy? It's the blatant objectification of women in a sexual context."

"Four in the side." - "Bullshit."

"You know how sometimes you look at a girl you know, and you look at her, and you can suddenly just see what she's going to look like twenty years down the road? You can already see what she's going to look like old? Now that can be a pretty freaky moment when that happens. But when you think about it it's not nearly as sad as when you look at a woman and say man...she was real cute, real hot ten years ago. That's a kind of a wistful melancholy right there man."

"I gotta apologize, I almost said something real mean to you there, Dan. But I couldn't think of anything good."

No comments: