Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Saturday, May 03, 2008

A Nice Potential Niche for Me

I would like to be a professional picketer. Union, of course. I want to belong to the Picketers Union. We would be called in and paid to picket, any time a union found itself in need of picketers and the actual striking union members were either insufficiently numerous or disinclined. We wouldn't charge our union brethren and cistern too much for the service. Solidarity.

This would be a sweet gig! I would be in a constant state of fighting the righteous fight, laying it all on the line every day that I was on the job. And I would be the best, most effective picketer on the line! I can come up with good shouting slogans all the time, right off the top of my head.

I really wish the tip of my tongue and the back of my mind were as accessible as the top of my head.

But where was I? Yes, picketing. Treading that invisible line. Don't cross it!

No comments: