Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Sunday, June 22, 2008

AC/DC's New Album: Still Untitled, Due Out In October

Mind you, I'm not sure how I feel about the whole Wal-Mart thing. Ultimately, I probably don't care in the slightest, but there's some part of me that suspects that on some abstract level, I might have a problem with it. Not really a moral problem. More like a dissonance between their image and the business move.

But hell. They've never really been about image!

Still, what's the deal with the title? Why can't they come up with a title, they've finished recording right? Surely they know the song titles. Pick the choiciest one. Not the best song, necessarily, but the song that #1, is definitely making the cut, and #2, is titled with a title that's most suitably punchy and go-grabbing, as befits an AC/DC album.

As album titles go, they usually get it pretty alright. I like Flick Of The Switch best, probably. Considered purely in terms of the title fitting the band's general character and vibe. Oh, okay. I can't help the fact that the awesomeness of the song in question bleeds into the equation just a bit. ...with a FLICKATHESWIIITCH!! SHE BLOW YA SKY HIGH, WITH A FLEEEKATHASWEEEETCH SHE CAN, SATISFY!!!

I've got weird tastes in music for a feminist, sometimes it seems to me. But you know what? I think that as a feminist, you can't be too into prudery without cutting yourself off from the feminine, the totality of the feminine, in all of its comprehensive aspects. You really do want to be able to connect to that. You want to embrace the full power of feminine sexuality.

Which, that's always a priority for this feminist!

No comments: