Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Fire In The Santa Cruz Mts Redux

They're at it again! Fighting fires in the Santa Cruz Mts. This time it's a lot closer to me:
Map of Martin Fire
Actually you can't really see too well from this map, because I just took the map of the other fire, crossed out Mt. Madonna County Park and wrote in Bonny Doon (where the new fire is located). Bonny Doon itself is about an inch, maybe inch and a half past the left border of the map, below where Boulder Creek is, maybe about level with Ben Lomond.

Love those mountain communities!

So anyway: FIRE!! They're calling this one the "Martin Fire," as it originated somewhere near someplace called Martin Road. Not nearly as catchy or evocative as the "Summit Fire" I'm sure you will agree - but that's appropriate, since the fire itself is nowhere near as catchy as that rampaging blaze. This one's about 700 acres right now, and the comparatively light winds should make containment a more manageable chore. And as stated in the previous post, I'm not particularly impressed by anything measured in acres.

I just hope it doesn't threaten the historic and adorable Bonny Doon Vineyard tasting room! I love going there.

Bonny Doon is in a bit of a flux right now, but for my money the Cigare Volant still rules.

No comments: