Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

How Far Should One Trust One's Search Engine?

I'm almost certain that at Google, every time I enter in a prospective great band name to make sure no one else is already using it, the second I put it into the browser and click...and click whatever the graphic representation of a button says..."Search," probably?

Yeah, probably.

Anyway, the second I click that, my previously unused and eminently usable great band name is added to their secret list of my great band names! To be doled out clandestinely, to the unimaginative and nameless, name-hungry bands who lack the scruples to suck it up and come up with their own great band name, but who have get-up-and-gumption enough to get out there with it before I can beat them to the punch.

Fuckers.

No comments: