Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Thursday, June 26, 2008

I Hate Rumors

Rumors are evil. Rumors torment my mind.

I heard a rumor AC/DC's new album would be available in AUGUST. Which, prior to that people had said October! So WOW! GREAT NEWS!! And then I heard a rumor that it might be followed by a farewell tour.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Aw, come on. How can it be farewell already? What's Angus now? Fifty-THREE? He can keep duck walking at least as lung as Chuck Berry does right?! I mean, Chuck's eighty one at this point. I don't know, maybe he doesn't duck walk quite so much as he used to but he's still performing I think.

C'mon lads! Tough it out! We NEED you! There's people who haven't SEEN you yet!! THEY HAVE NO IDEA!!!!

Don't leave us all alone with the suck of major label radio brand X soundalike wannabe popstar no-soul no-balls nothing going on but the blah bull shit. The world needs at least one band unafraid to stand there unafraid, and dish out the uncompromisingly stripped-down, bare-bones, bare-ass, bare-minimum purity and blues, that minor pentatonic excellence that we've all come to love and expect in our AC/DC albums and concerts!

I'm not ready to do without that! Don't tell me farewell! I WILL NOT FARE WELL!!

OK! OK! If it's just a farewell tour...that doesn't need to mean farewell! It can just be a farewell tour. So you don't have to tour. You don't need to break up just because you're not touring. Maybe you could just sit around churning out new albums all the time? You don't have to tour! I just want more music.

I just want more.

AC/DC is the greatest rock that ever was.

I hate rumors.

Now I'm so sad I want to go listen to the Cure or something.

No comments: