Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Thursday, June 26, 2008

New Jersey Reminiscences

Ah! New Jersey. Land of my birth. And not just birth - land where I grew up. Had my coming-of-age. My Bildungusroman if you will. That's a German word, it means grow up, come-of-age and then tell a story about it.

Americans don't make such a big deal over the coming-of-age part. That's more of a European thing. Here, we're more like: "just GROW UP!" We're not really too sure what the "coming-of-age" even means, to be honest. Some of us even suspect it might mean something dirty. And while I personally don't believe that - I'm a pretty cosmopolitan guy - but I have to admit, it could easily be true. Those Europeans, they're constantly cloaking their dirty sexy talk under the cover of their filthy languages. I mean, come on. Tell me that bildungusroman doesn't sound pretty suspect!

At this point you might suspect that all that junk is a smokescreen to avoid talking about New Jersey. But you'd be wrong on that! I'm just strutting my erudition like the cock-of-the-walk that I am!

That's a bonafide New Jersey trait in case you didn't know.

No comments: