Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

I am CLEAN of AIDS!!!

Awesome. I was having some tests done, just in conjunction with my every-decade physical, and the guy asked if there were any other health concerns I had, you know, nagging concerns, so I just had 'em throw an AIDS test on top of that!

And you know what? CLEAN as a whistle. Not even a hint of AIDS. Pretty sweet for me.

And now that I've done it, I agree that it's everyone else's responsibility to get tested as well. Have you been tested? Do it. And don't sweat the false positives - apparently they get those fairly often, but you can tell on the re-test because it goes away. That's how they know it was false.

So yeah! No AIDS. Sweet deal.

Also, no Lyme Disease. I'd been worried about that. Ever since that damn tick bit me on the head at Lake San Antonio like ten years ago. Was it ten years ago? Wow. Anyhow, I believe that puts you in what they call a "high risk group" for Lyme Disease. Apart from the ten years ago part - one would think, ten years, some symptoms by that point, probably. But hell - ever hear of "dormancy"?

Or is it latency.

Either way: nope. False alarm.

No comments: