Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Monday, August 25, 2008

JUST IN CASE YOU WERE

Just in case there is someone out there, reading this blog, wondering "how long can he keep up this pace of this non-stop quality, posting a storm of trenchant and incisive posts, in the face of such clear indifference from his reading public? Hardly anyone comments! How long can he keep it up? How does he not LOSE HEART?"

Well first of all, let me just say that the people who comment are only the tiny minority of readers, the bold minority, the minority unafraid to step into the arena with me on MY terms and tell me: "What For!" Most readers read what I have to say, and then what can I say they become a little bit intimidated (can you blame them?) by my clear and saucy command of all topics which I exhibit in my posts, by the vigor and force with which I comport myself linguistically, by my overbearingly obvious mastery of the obscure and the obvious alike, and perhaps even by my what could only be termed mental puissance.

Either that - the intimidation factor - or else maybe they read what I have written and say loudly, out loud, out loudedly - they can hardly help themselves, it is an involuntary outburst! They say: "Say! He's hit it on the head there! What more can I possibly add?"

So those are the two possibilities that we have, that we are aware of. In either case, I feel pretty confident that I've done my job where it counts. So, to say that I ought to be discouraged, just because I'm doing such a job of overawing any potential commenters into meekly submissing to what I've posted, and/or to ineluctably conclude that I simply and flatly satisfy any and all comers with my perfectly-well-stated and nothing-more-to-add take on things...hey, I can live with that.

Not bad. Not bad at all in my book!

No comments: