Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Saturday, August 16, 2008

A Comparison of Musical Greats

Man, I'm really glad I got this Creedence collection - the first 3 albums! GOOD. I'd never heard some of these album tracks before. That's some Taste-T gee-tar work, SON!

I wonder, if you walked right up to Tom Petty and told him "hey! Creedence was BETTER THAN YOU", I wonder what he'd do? He wouldn't even dispute it, right?! He must revere those guys, I'd imagine. I mean, he couldn't get mad, could he? It would be like walking up to Beethoven and saying "hey! Mozart was BETTER THAN YOU."

Well no, Beethoven would most likely put you on your ass if you did that.

But then...Tom Petty is no Beethoven.

No comments: