Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Monday, August 25, 2008

Famous Last Names

I think if my last name was "Cancer," I'd be alright, as long as my first name wasn't "Brian."

I just think that's just too much room for potential confusion.

Also, I would probably not want to go into medical practice. Research, maybe - but not dealing with patients. Because they might not know how to interpret that. They might not even want to know.

5 comments:

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
dogimo said...

I thought 'Lying' would be a good last name. For like, a member of British Nobility or something. Sir James Lying.

Or Sir Llewellyn Pfennaught, Earl of Lying.

dogimo said...

Not least for the simple reason that when you told someone your name they could be all like, NO WAY!...you're Lying!

Then you'd both have a laugh, you as if you hadn't heard it a million times and they as if they weren't quite well aware that you had.

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
dogimo said...

Not that I'm aware of (romance novels). I mean, certainly there's romance in a lot of books, but I don't peruse the genre.

I'm not sure I even look at the deeper level where it becomes wordplay. I just like coming up with names that sound plausible yet faintly ridiculous.