Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Friday, August 29, 2008

GOD!!

What's with all the religiousness posts lately? It must be to balance out something extra-secular on the other end of the cosmic scale.

I don't know if you are aware of this but I am, in some way that I can't explain, situated at the exact center of the cosmic scale. The fulcrum, if you will. I have always known this, ever since I thought of it just now.

But seriously: God, the Hell, the Devil - who are these guys? Really! Who are they? Some people seem pretty certain and serious about the details:
"My God is a personal God."
"My God is a fair and impartial God."
"My God is a genderless entity composed of pure spirit power."
"My God lets me tug on His beard when I'm asleep, dreaming."
"My God is beyond such things."
"My God is deeply involved in all things."
"My God is a humorless jerk."
"My God is ALL OF US."
"My God exists for one reason and one reason alone, and I can tell you exactly what it is."
Well that all sounds pretty scary.

Me, I try to leave God's personal aspects and tidbits as God's personal business. I've got my ideas, but I don't much insist on them. I've my reasons for leaning towards what I lean towards, but ultimately however God happens to go about being God is okay by me. I believe in the one God. The God That Is. You know - the one that practitioners of Islam believe in! When they say: "There Is Only One God, and His Name Is Allah." That's the God I believe in! I mean sure, the name, some people make that a point of controversy, but come on folks. That's kind of beside the point, isn't it? If there is a God, and there is only one...God's going to know who you mean, right? I mean, one God, who knows everything - no matter what name you know to call God by, God's going to know Who you're talking about, right?

Hey God! How are you doing, God?

"Perfect."

Seriously! Any attributes I might want to try to ascribe to God are going to be just as likely way off-base as otherwise, but even the bits I get right are rather beside the point. After all, if I am ever so blessed and fortunate as to meet God, I'll have my chance to find out.

I picture that happening. I'd be like, "Hey! God!!
...Oh my God! Wow.

This is so amazing, my friends will never believe this! Some of them.

You look great!

So...

Tell me a little about Yourself!"

3 comments:

Jamie said...

"I spend My day counting the hairs on your head."- God (Matt.10:30.)

dogimo said...

A biblical justification for baldness.

Jamie said...

You are wicked. Funny, but definitely, wicked.