Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Hittin' the ol' K-Mart for Some Tunes!

Shopping at K-Mart feels almost like a political act now. I mean, what with Wall-Mart and all. They say it's so bad. I'm not clear on the reasons, but everyone says. A little like global warming! In fact...I think that might be what it's supposed to be. Wall-Mart caused global warming.

I'm sure once it finishes working its way through the courts, we'll all get a piece of the reparations on that one. I mean, I'm feeling the heat, right? Pay me.

So anyway, what with Wall-Mart being so bad, going to K-Mart feels like recycling or something. It feels good! I like to support a good cause, even if I don't really know why. Sometimes we just have to believe what we're told.

In any case, I was on a quick luncher from work and I needed some new tunes, because I'm a little uninspired with what I've got with me in the office. Now I hardly expected to walk in there and get the EXACT CD I ACTUALLY WANTED!! But I did: the new Def Leppard album!

I'll let you know how that turns out. Maybe. If it's not too embarrassing. I'm not going publicly excoriate my boys! I like to support them if possible. They've been through enough. I liked that covers album they did last year (especially that awesome version of the Happy Monday's "Step On!" - what a choice!). Anyway.

I like to support a good cause.

But besides that, I picked up a $5 swingin' Sinatra compilation, the early years, the REAL early years, like the Columbia period. He looks like a beautiful girl on the cover! Well. Not beautiful, maybe, but cute enough for the nineteen forties. Par for the course back then. And just look at those eyelashes! Are those real? Wow.

Anyhow, I never cared for Sinatra's music but I figure, maybe this is my chance to clue in. I keep an open mind at all times that way.

I also got the Footloose soundtrack, which has nostalgic connections as being the only tape in mom's car that she'd be willing to listen to* that the kids could stand as well. Although after awhile...

What else did I get. Oh, this looks pretty good! CCR's first three albums in a tiny tin miniature lunchbox or something! "Collectable."

K-Mart's always good for touching, family-style scenes. There was a mom with her young son (I don't know, about 4?) in the checkout lane, and the kid was like, "Mom?" "Mom?" "Mom?" "Mom?" while she was trying to get her stuff together. Finally she was like "What is it?!" And the kid gets all sheepish, leans in and says in a LOUD WHISPER:

"HE'S LOOKING AT YOUR ASS."

It was the cutest thing!

It wasn't me, by the way. Looking. You can trust me on that. I would hardly have mentioned it in that case, would I!

Okay: I did sneak a quick peek in the parking lot. How could I not? After all the controversy! But I was very stealthy and respectful about it. It's a matter of simple respect.

No comments: