Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

We Need New Rights!

When was the last time we had new Rights? Isn't it about time we got some more?

Is this or is this not America? Are we or are we not allowed to vote on everything? I say we are. I say we should get to vote on EVERYTHING - even if the result isn't necessarily going to be taken into account, we should still have a chance to vote. Per the natural extrapolation of freedom of speech = the First Amendment, our vote = our say! And our say = our speech. Free Speech = Free Say, and therefore that means we should have to be able to get to vote on whatever we want to! A beautiful example of perfect, circular logic. And that means I win by definition. As the man once said: "that's a Truism!"

I gotta tell you...very few people ever beat me in an argument. You have to get specially trained to do it.

So if we should get to vote on everything, then I say let's VOTE ON THIS:

New Rights.

Isn't it about time we had some? When was the last time they gave us any new ones? I mean, I don't even know what new ones are even under discussion at this point! This should be a topic of National Discourse in above all, this, an Election Year. I say we make 'em each add it to their respective platforms or ELSE: *kkchhyyycck!!*

I'm not sure if that's how that's spelled. Spellcheck has its doubts.

Anyway, back me up on this, peoples. Have any of you heard about any new Rights waiting in the winds? I think Washington's falling down on the job on this one. I mean, I remember a few years ago they were talking about giving us the Right To Not Burn Flags, but...okay. Don't get me wrong, I support that 100% but...as Rights go, that pretty much blows. I can already not do that. I sat around all this past summer not burning the damn flag. Sheesh.

7 comments:

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
dogimo said...

Well, it's the "index-finger-drawn-across-the-throat" sound effect. I think yours is more of an actual beheading.

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
dogimo said...

I...think he was a he.

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
dogimo said...

I still say that's a dude.

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.