Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Monday, September 08, 2008

I Think It's Degrading to Women

I think it's degrading to women how everyone's always saying this or that utterly trivial thing is "degrading to women." I mean come on! Stuff like that can't degrade me! Why then should people act like women are so easily degradable? As if they're all walking around delicate like porcelain, constantly in danger of being degraded by a passing tv signal or a song on the radio! "My heavens, I got some ambient popular culture on me; I've been degraded!"

HECK THAT! Quit trying to enfragile women! When I look around my world I see women who are strong. Resilient. Powerful.

Anyhow. I'm not like, sainting the whole gender or something. Women can be weak, same as men can be. But it's pretty sick how some feminists seem to be on this high holy crusade to make the entire gender seem so easily, trivially degradable.

It ain't so. So says I.

3 comments:

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
dogimo said...

Huh? What?

I always just link to the video. On the YouTube page itself, there's a little code-y bit you copy and then paste in your blog post.

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.