Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Thursday, September 04, 2008

I Wrote the Most Beautiful Song!

In fact, it's a little too beautiful. I'm a little worried that someone else might've written it. I googled up the lyrics, came up blank.

Not sure what else to try.

One particularly damning touch is the fact that the song seems to want to be sung in a lilting, fake English accent. That's kind of odd for songs I've written. I tell myself that it's just the style of the song, that it's very much in the classic heartfelt Ye Englishe Folke Ballade traditione, and so the accent is called for.

Wait, "traditione" seems far more Italian than English. In any case, I've got nothing to apologize for as far as the accent itself goes. I pull it off all beautifully. Plus, those English have been singing rock and roll songs in fake American accents ever since the invasion!

But it's a little suspicious. I can't help feeling a gnawing doubt as to its provenance.

No comments: