Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Friday, September 26, 2008

My Own Special Brand of Humor

It's a little peculiar, so for the benefit of those who haven't really noticed or don't care, I'll explain a bit about it. I specialize in reverse self-deprecation.

It's a sort of a knocking myself down by puffing up my self-importance to such ridiculous extremes that eventually it becomes clear that I can't possibly mean it - at which point, the depth of my own insecurity is laid bare and people can laugh at me.

Prior to that point, they're too intimidated to laugh. Honestly, I'm fine with either reaction.

8 comments:

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
dogimo said...

>"the depth of my own insecurity is laid bare"...YOU???

The depth of my own insecurity is ALWAYS laid bare. Why should I hide it? No shame in my game!

God loves Washington, true, but God sets the bar very low for giving love.

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jul said...

Now, here is conversation I would not miss willingly...

dogimo said...

Please Julie - don't tell me you too are a SKINS FAN?

jul said...

I'm a fan of skin, if that's what you mean...as for organized sports, I feel pretty much the same about them as organized religion.

dogimo said...

With that attitude, you'll never win the championship!!!!

Ahem. Sorry. My intensity got the better of whatever the other part of me is.