Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Friday, September 12, 2008

Open Dream Journal #32: "Quarter Of A Million Dollars."

I had a dream where...I think it started out that I was watching a documentary on the medical problems of monkeys. But soon I was IN the documentary. It was just going on around me, with the monkeys and the narration and everything.

These were weird monkeys - smallish, smaller than chimps; lean, long-limbed with deep black fluffy soft-looking fur and very expressive faces. The monkeys were being interviewed about their various medical problems. Eventually it sort of degenerated into monkey after monkey mostly just complaining about Medicare.

Documentarian: "What would it take from Medicare to solve your problems?"

Monkey: "Quarter of a million dollars."

Every monkey said the same thing, all of them in the same kind of grouchy, dissatisfied manner in a soulful, world-weary voice: "Quarter of a million dollars."

The documentarian voice was all like, "But what can we do to solve the budgetary shortfall?" Then they began interviewing the Monkey President, who said "We've solved the problem by raising the cost of the internet, to a quarter of a million dollars per monkey."

The documentarian didn't challenge this at all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I think it's freakin' bizarre that I came here for the first time in forever and saw this entry after having just been reading the entire open dream journal! Anyway, while I still have a connection, I also wanted to point put this to you---a general sort of comment, I suppose, or just interesting.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080622063039AAr35jn

Crap---it's me, blue, but I can't remember my login details!

dogimo said...

That's pretty funny!

Personally, I don't think my shallowness is complex at all. Infinite in its simplicity!