Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Thursday, September 04, 2008

There Is Simply No Reason Why Not!

Stupid people suck fucking onions and should all be executed by purely legal means, on a technicality.

Now, I don't mean people whose fault it isn't that they are stupid! I mean people who should know better, or people who do something that SEEMS smart, only to find out later.

But forget I said that - cast that point aside! Because our country is gaily marching lockstop in a headlong traipse towards a critical realization that the time has come to leap the chasm that separates us from man and furious beast, and to engage the furious beast in serious philosophical debate that will only end when one or the other of us is dead. It is this, I believe, that ultimately separates us from the abyss itself.

Look, I don't deal in unpleasant truths, I just find the truths I deal in to be unpleasant. Unlike some people, I can admit that. Those of you who choose to deny the truth are only denying the facts - and folks, when that happens, that's the first step toward eventually admitting a more serious problem which you will never, ever be able to come to grips with unless you can first find it in you to haul yourself up by the ankles, slap yourself in the eye, look yourself in the mirror and figure out what is the deal with that pesky blemish. Because it turns out that it isn't as serious as it first seemed.

It's more serious.

3 comments:

Sean Scully said...

A guy I knew in high school once chose an excellent topic for his "persuasive essay" in English class: "Children of the unintelligent should be put to the sword."

I think he made an excellent case.

Anonymous said...

I dunno, though. Why punish the children? I hear Einstein's parents were mo-rons.

When it comes to the whole heredity vs. environment discussion, I come down heavy on the nurture vs. nature side.

Besides, sometimes people adopt stupid babies. Ergo...the parents should be killed? What sort of ersatz logic do you call that? And yet it follows directly from your implied premise. Brick by brick.

Okay, I guess I can admit the weakness of my position here. It's more of a moral stance than a logical one.

dogimo said...

Okay, that last guy is clearly me. Who the f am I trying to fool, posting on my own blog as 'Anonymous'?

I don't remember doing this. I wonder if it was accidental.