Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Blessings of a Life Lived to the Full

Life is so mysterious and complicated and beautiful! I just wish there was some way to know that I would die when I was like 95 years old at least, and in full possession of my faculties, and while I was still physically fit and vigorous, and while I was saving this, the greatest country on earth, from some vast and diabolical threat that I was the only one canny enough to see and bold enough to thwart - even at the tragically heroic cost of my own life! The ultimate in self-sacrifice.

I feel like there aren't enough top-notch all-out action movies featuring somebody really elderly in the main hero role, and I feel like if my noble sacrifice could inspire a film like that, it would probably be coming out around 2076 or thereabouts. Just in time for our nation's jubilant tricentenary!

My only regret is that, with the knowledge of my heroic deeds still then just fresh in the public eye of a humbly grateful nation, I wish that there would be some way for me to attend the premier. It would be a nice touch. I'd like to see that.

Perhaps the science of that far day will render it all possible in some way. Anyway, I have my hopes!

No comments: