Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Do I Stink Like BOOZE?

It's weird. I haven't had anything all day. To drink, I mean. And what am I talking about - I never do! I don't drink in the morning. Sheesh! I don't even drink in the afternoon!

Okay, admittedly - weekends are different, I may have beers in the afternoon, at a cookout, playing chess - football season especially, that throws a whole wrench into my "not in the morning" claim now that I live in California. Games at TEN A.M.! And it's kind of nice to have a brewski in that case, but that's the exception to the morning rule. NFL Football = "Beer-Thirty," and no sane person would claim otherwise. That's a perfectly decent and upright exemption.

On weekdays though, like I said, I don't even take a nip until the evenings. I'll have a couple with dinner maybe, or one when I get home. "After a hard day of work..." You know. An ice cold brew or two fits the bill.

Or if I'm out shooting pool, I'm good for my share of the pitcher. Sure.

But just in general? To just walk around with one or two on board? Yuck! To feel the least bit tipsy or buzzed in the daytime, when I'm trying to WORK? PUKE! NO WAY!! That's not how I operate. I'm clean. Strong. Bright. Tall. Inspirational.

So what's the deal with this very faint, perhaps imagined on my part, but otherwise distinct smell, then? That's what I want to know. Do I STINK OF BOOZE? Faintly or otherwise? Maybe I'm just imagining it.

It's kind of a nice smell, honestly. I kind of like that smell. It subtly exudes warmth; luxuriance. There's a sweetness to it, but also a tang, a musk. A taint of wordly responsibility - lightly soaked in naughty knowingness, like the fingers of a tiramisu.

Wait - is this my new aftershave?! Jeesh, if so - all this over that! When I get home, I better go try it and see. Take a little swig, maybe. A little nip of that ol' aftershave.

It smells pretty tasty.

No comments: