Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Friday, October 24, 2008

Elitism, Vis-A-Vis Me

In an earlier post, I referred to elitists in a way that implied that I might myself possibly be an elitist.

I want to correct that potential misunderstanding right now. I have no truck with elitism. In fact, elitism is beneath me.

I am a melitist. I practice melitism.

Maybe there should be hyphens in that. Me-litism.

Hm. Perhaps this one needs to be workshopped a bit. Yet it would work perfectly well off the page! It's only in the written that this cursed ambiguity creeps in. It's "me LEET ism" not "me LIGHT ism" or "me LIT ism"!

Ah, what's the use. Surely some Terry Ballard out there said it first anyway.

8 comments:

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jul said...

I need help and I think you're the right person to turn to. My husband and I have been invited to a party in a couple of days, we are supposed to wear costumes but we can't decide what to wear. It isn't a Christian party so we can't be anything too biblical or no one will know what the heck we are. I would appreciate any ideas you come up with...thanks in advance for your creative services. (Keep in mind we are in our 30's and slightly, only slightly, overweight haha) Aaron wants to be a cowboy but if he is then I am too and that doesn't suit him haha. I think it's a stupid idea myself.

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
dogimo said...

Sorry Jul! I was out sick last couple days. I'm probably the last person to come up with a *TIMELY* costume, as I can never come up with on for myself! But see my previous post Halloween Costume Ideas to garner an idea of what the quality of my suggestion would have been.

Sorry about the delayed response.

dogimo said...

(and thanks for thinking of me, RJW!)

(hey...just to be clear, is RJW TWO PEOPLE???!!! I'm confused as all get out. Some people say Ryan, some people say Jamie, I feel quite out of the know you know - sometimes one or the other of you signs off, but maybe it's only Jamie?)

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jul said...

sorry you've been sick, everybody's a little sick at my house too, except me of course...