Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Friday, October 03, 2008

Pondering That New-Car Smell

Yeah, so I've been saving up for a new car. I've got a ways to go.

I think I've been sabotaging my efforts subconsciously because I love the car I've got: my 1990 Toyota Tercel. My Bad Sweet Ride.

Love that car. I've gone into it in detail in past posts - feel free to search the tag ("My Toyota Tercel") for more in-depth introspection on the topic of my blessed little gray metal turtle on tires. I was even planning a sweet multi-installment photo essay, with my then-girlfriend to be draped artfully across the hood, sides and hatchback of the car, modeling a selection of tasteful swimwear in front of various spectacular California coast settings, but then she broke up with me for some reason and it kind of fell by the wayside. Her loss!

But yeah. Eventually...even though I can probably squeeze another 2 years out of her - these things are just so damn well-built! - but eventually, she's going to give up the ghost. Alas, my good and faithful steed!

I need to clarify here, I'm talking about my car in the above paragraph. Not my ex-girlfriend.

But yeah, I need to save up now, so that when that happens, when my car finally gives up the valiant fight, I can get -

A NEW CAR!!!

...insert triumphant "The Price Is Right" music...

Some people say it's asinine to get a brand new car. Some people say the value of that car drops like six thousand bucks the second you drive it off the lot!

In fact, I used to run a pretty slick operation doing exactly that. I'd buy a brand new car...drive it off the lot, and then turn around and sell it to some chump for $6,000 less! It was a pretty sweet scam until my accountant blew the whistle on me. Said he was trying to help me. Can you believe that? Jerk.

Well anyway. I wonder what I'm going to end up getting. What kind of cars will even be available then? Two years from now, do you think they'll have re-introduced the Tercel hatchback? Because what I really want is another one of those.

I hate the crappy Prius thing they have now. No visibility to the rear!!

6 comments:

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
dogimo said...

WHATCHOO EVEN MEAN??

The clarification that "faithful steed" referred to my CAR and not to my ex-girlfriend was right in the original post.

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
dogimo said...

That's why I clarified!

dogimo said...

Wait. I'm lost. You lost me. It was obvious before I clarified it that I might have been implying the other way - so then when I *did* clarify it, it became obvious that I wasn't.

WE'RE ALL CLEAR.