Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Thursday, October 16, 2008

"We Three Kings Of Orient Are" Is Racist

You know what, in this day and age? I don't even think I need to substantiate a claim like that. I think any non-racist would be totally prepared to accept that claim at face value, saying "you know what, I don't even want to hear your argument, I'm sick of it already, I concede the point."

And that's the proper attitude. I think it's a great stride against racism that we've finally reached a point where that's the case in a lot of cases.

Now, I'm not prepared to say that anyone who would dispute my claim is a racist. Thar would be rash. But if it walks like a racist, and it talks like a racist, and it quacks like a racist...well...what that let you know?

Now some might dispute that last part - "quacks like a racist" - by saying "racists don't quack. Quacking is not a stereotypical activity in which racists are known to engage." Well that's where they'd be wrong and I'll tell you why: because ducks are racists.

That's right! Ducks are racist.

Think about it. They are. The earmarks of racist behavior in duck society are practically obvious! Think about the last time you saw a gathering of ducks, at a pond or wherever other areas their kind congregate, the different groups of duck races with their various racial traits - the really drab ducks, and the other ducks with the bright shiny green heads - all eyeing each other, profiling each other...?

And then, when someone comes along and starts tossing bread, the ducks all totally fight over the food, right? And here's the clincher: which group of ducks ends up with the least food? That's right: the smallest group. The minority.

I can't speak to it any plainer than that. Their racist duck actions quack loud enough.

No comments: