Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Let's Have A Little Compassion For The Turkey

What about peacocks? Has anybody ever eaten a peacock? Are they tasty? More like duck or more like goose? Or like turkey, I suppose - another possibility.

They're not endangered are they?

Seems like half the peacocks you see suck! They're not beautiful at all. They're all drab, they don't have that stunning array of colors going on. Darwinianism suggests that we should cull these drab birds from the flock to service our dining tables' exotic poultry needs. Then future generations of peacock flocks will feature a nothing-but top-notch, splendiferous all-colorful spectacular!

4 comments:

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
dogimo said...

Yes, I know! I was just preening and strutting my unique brand of jackassery. A gentle spoof of the sort of hysterically wrong-headed ideas that can come taking a faulty assumption, adding a weak grasp of science and then running with it.

I do that all the time, nobody really thinks it's funny but I do get some pretty good corrections!

I did even include "peahens" in the tags as a subtle nod. But of course anybody could claim I added that in after.

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
dogimo said...

"pubnun"?