Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Sage Words From I Forget Who

Someone once told me: in an argument, every time the other person raises their voice, you lower yours - make your voice that much more even and reasonable.

Man, it sounds insane but it TOTALLY WORKS. They get SO PISSED OFF!! And everybody nearby is like, "hey psycho, why are you shouting when he's all reasonable?"

Sweetest trick I ever learned. I pass it on to you.

2 comments:

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
dogimo said...

Actually I came up with it myself. I said it out loud and was like, "Hey." "That's TRUE!"

But sometimes the sharing of a profound lesson is more dramatic splitting that conversation into two different people.

Actually, I didn't come up with it myself. I read it someplace, I think. But out loud, though.

Still the sweetest trick I ever learned.