Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

They Might Be Giants: Random Museations

I'd say The Spine has stood my test of time. I still listen to it quite a lot. The songs that grabbed me less now grab me more than they grabbed then, but the songs that grabbed me in the first place now grab harder, with more authority, as if they have earned the right and the privilege to do so. Which they have.

My favorite is still "It's Kickin' In" - even though by any rational standard, "Broke In Two" is a superior piece of pure pop songcraft.

I guess I really need to give The Else another spin. I only gave that one like ONE SPIN. I was going to take it on a road trip, forgot to take it, left it behind, and then...left it behind.

Another one I never gave it's due chance? Factory Showroom.

1 comment:

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.