Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The All-Important Postgame Interview

Just once I'd like to see a postgame press conference where the player from the victorious team says, "People said we were scared of these guys, and they were right. All week long we were terrified that they would come out and pop a couple big plays on us. Let's face it, they're a lot better than we are. We just went out there and got lucky!"

2 comments:

Sean Scully said...

There was a coming in the 80s, whose name I cannot remember, who had a funny routine about how silly it is for athletes to thank God for their triumphs, like God really cares how they do or favors them over the other guys. He said he never seen anyone blame God for their missteps: "I was doing great until JESUS made me fumble!"

dogimo said...

I always wonder how Kurt Warner accounts for that long Jesusless stretch in his career.

"It was then that I carried you, my child!"