Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Shock of Being Suddenly Destroyed

The shock of being suddenly destroyed. Can any of us truly imagine it? I mean, can any of us really, truly imagine what that would be like, the shock of that?

I know I can. I have an AWESOME imagination! I'm like, boo yah, any time I think of something - there's practically nothing I can think of that I can't also imagine.

It's partly because my head was set on fire once, in a dream. Wow, that hurt.

But these days, the shoe's on the other foot - and I'm the one setting peoples' heads on fire! It doesn't really impress them, though, because...I think they realize it's a dream. I think everybody in my dreams knows it's a dream. But do they realize that it is in fact my dream? I think some of them do. Some of them seem to be humoring me.

I don't know, I'm kind of sick of the fantastic. I'd like a nice normal restful dream. It seems like anymore...my dreams are plagued by shitty plotting and bad special effects. I want contemplative dreams. I want profound dreams. If I don't start getting them...I'm going to have to start setting peoples' heads on fire.

No comments: