Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Open Dream Journal #11: Eerie Tales of the Night Garden

I had a dream where I was standing in the middle of my darkened living room in the middle of the night, looking out at the garden through the glass doors. It was pitch black but I could just barely tell there was a man out there standing perfectly still.

At first I thought the person in the garden was my reflection, because he looked about my size and we were both motionless. But then the more I looked, I could tell (with dawning horror) that the angle was wrong somehow. It couldn't be my reflection.

I felt like if I kept looking, he would come crashing crashing through the glass at me. But he didn't. He just stood there right outside the glass. I was looking right at him the whole time but sometimes I couldn't see him anymore, and then suddenly I could just barely make it out that there was definitely someone there. It went on and on like that. I don't remember how the dream ended, I think I turned around and went back to bed (in the dream).

Then in the morning, there were footprints in the garden.

Just kidding. I mean, yes, there were footprints! But there are always footprints out there, we walk through there every day.

No comments: