Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Open Dream Journal #38: If It's Only A Dream, Are They Still Real?

This is one from a while ago. I dreamt that I was a professional photographer, and that I was taking pictures of Renee Zewelleger for a glossy photo spread in Vanity Fair. She kept insisting that she take her top off to display her large, natural breasts. It didn't occur to me to say to myself, "Renee Zewegeller doesn't have large breasts!" Because, they looked so real! And she seemed real proud of them too. She dropped more than one reference to them specifying the whole "large, natural" aspect. So I didn't just assume she got 'em done, or anything, because why is Renee Zegellewer going to lie to me? I'm just a top-rated well-sought-after world-class photographer.

I think it was in the back of my mind that she was trying to get back at Kenny somehow - by showing them off. Then the magazine came out, and the photo spread was an absolute triumph. I had done a fantastic job! And Renee Zellegewer was so sweet and warm and normal-seeming, which came across in the accompanying interview as well. A real solid citizen.

In actual real reality, I did see her once, at a breakfast place. In L.A. of all places! In she walks, Renee Zelweggler! Very perky and casual, like she's just, you know, any ordinary, casual breakfaster! Except more wholesome than some, and perkier than most. She was dressed athletically and had a very red face, such that I assumed she had been running or exercising, or had been perhaps a bit too much in the sun, or the recipient of a glycolic peel.

But thinking about it now...maybe it was because she'd had the same dream - and recognized me?

No comments: