Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Rain! Rain!

Rain! Rain! Go away, come again some other day!

It's a drear day, another in a long series. Yesterday we had hail for 30 seconds but as I scrambled outside to get hit with some of it it had already turned to rain.

Rain. Rumors of thunder, but I haven't heard any actual thunder. Only rumors.

Somebody said: "earthquake weather."

I don't know. It seems to me...this deluge, soaking down into the dry, depleted aquifer...all those extra tons of wet weight, water pulling the ground down onto itself, pressuring the foundations and then suddenly - something down there might SLIP! A fault snaps loose! and the ground gets all ROCK AND ROLLA!!!

"Earthquake weather." Yes, it seems quite possible. I mean, we don't know what causes these things.

No comments: