Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Sunday, February 08, 2009

The Top H "Awful Song on the AC/DC Album"s

It's kind of become a tradition for AC/DC albums. A winning formula: two great songs, seven solid songs, and one really awful song. That awful song is more important than you'd think. I kind of look forward to hearing it, each time a new album comes out. I admit, I was a little disappointed to find among its unprecedented FIFTEEN TRACKS, no awful song on their recent Black Ice (damn good album though, they made up for the lack).

Anyway, I thought I'd list the Top H "Awful Song on the AC/DC Album"s!

H. & G. Stiff Upper Lip had "Can't Stand Still" and "Hold Me Back". They are both the SAME SONG and it BLOWS.
F. Ballbreaker's was "Boogie Man." This was an interesting idea but it just went nowhere for me.
E. On The Razor's Edge it was "Mistress for Christmas." Need I say "puke."
D. For Blow Up Your Video it was "Two's Up" - which to me at the time sounded like the work of some really far worse band whose name now escapes me. Helloween?
C. For Who Made Who it was "Ride On" - I've never heard Brian Johnson's voice sound worse!
B. Fly On The Wall gave us "Send For The Man." Now I admit, it's since grown on me a lot! But deep down I know, my original opinion of it stands.
A. Flick Of The Switch had "Bedlam In Belgium." This is not a bad song, per se, but it's just so ridiculous somehow. Stormin' the stage! Cops in a rage! Blood on the floor! It was one world war! Dude. We are talking about Belgium. I understand it's based on a true tour incident, and all, but. You know. Belgium?

Note: this time out, the Top H List is more of a simple reverse-chronological by album than a descending alphabetical ascendingly-ranked by Worstness, such as one might normally expect to see when the category is Top H Worst.

For Those About To Rock and Back In Black get a free pass each. Neither had a really awful song on it. It was prior to the whole tradition being established, I guess.

No comments: