Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Chilling Tale of Christmas, for Your FACE!!

Suddenly, a black silhouette crashed into sight, from out of his left peripheral to fill nearly his whole field of vision. "YOU!! It hissed sibilantly," it hissed sibilantly. "Yes, me! But who - or WHAT - are YOU?" he returned, warily and with an incredulous stare - not daring to blink or avert eyes lest this appalling specter depart as quick as it had come, and by an equally mysterious route! "I am the Ghost of Christmas Deferred! it laughed, coughing and hacking as it shook from mirth," it laughed, coughing and hacking as it shook from mirth. "That's going to get old pretty fast," he thought, warily and with an incredulous stare - not daring to blink or avert eyes lest this appalling specter depart as quick as it had come, and by an equally mysterious route! "But not as fast as THAT," he added mentally. "Why have you come, spirit? Why trouble my repose with your sepulchral prognostications?" (That part, he said aloud.) "Spare me your vocabulary!" it purred. "You know well why I have come."



Indeed I did.

No comments: