Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Monday, March 09, 2009

Live From New York New York, It's...Late Night With JIMMY FALLON!

I forgot to chime in, but I saw the first one of these. Was it just me, or during the monologue did he seem a little bit terrified in a couple places? Primarily around the eyes, a couple of times. 3 to 10 times maybe. Just flashes of it, mind you! Flashes of SHEER TERROR.

I thought the audience was a little slow, honestly. Some of the funnier bits fell flat, even though in my opinion he pretty much nailed the delivery.

I remember Conan's first show - he didn't seem scared, but he sure did come across HYPER AND AWKWARD! And he got better eventually. Much better. Got it down to only one or the other of those, at a given time - and occasionally, neither! It's a success story that shows how far you can go if you're tenacious, and the network gives you the time to develop and stretch out. Find your comfortable rut in which to excel.

I like Conan, by the way. I'm a Conan FAN. Jimmy, best of luck to ya. Chin up. You clobbered the smooth host vibe as one-half of Weekend Update, I have no doubts you've got it in ya!

But one thing, though: what the fuck. Since when did you develop that LISP?? Is this a stress thing or a lifestyle choice? Go see a speech therapist or something.

No offense. You're in broadcasting, dammit.

No comments: