Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Monday, March 02, 2009

My Grand Place In The Scheme Of Things

I do not want to be the center of my universe. I really don't! I could care less about such merely positional considerations. I'm fine hovering over to the side, or wherever I'm needed most. See, I want to be an instrument of divine will. I mean, I already am - you better believe it! But I don't want to have to think about it so much. I want it to come second-nature to me, at some point. I want to learn more and more, and think more and more about what love means and life means, so that eventually I will know what to do with my life because I will know what's right. Just by instinct. I want to achieve instinct.

I really want to help people, but I don't know how. See, the problem is, I don't secretly believe that God has any actual specific plan for me. Maybe I just need to trick my mind into believing that!

Hey, don't mistake me: this is not about wanting to be a better person. I'm already a better person. I'm a better person on like, a permanently recursive circuit. I'm not just a better person, I'm like: better, personified. I have no qualms about it, either. But the fact that I already am a better person doesn't satisfy, somehow. And no, it's not about getting "even better"! I told you: I already am better. Mission accomplished. But what do I do with that? That's the eternal question of the moment.

I mean, on some level I already know the answer to that one, too. I guess just like to throw a little angst around, from time to time. Some people grind their teeth in their sleep, I wring my hands.

It's important to do what you can.

No comments: