Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Sunday, March 01, 2009

Open Dream Journal #25: Back to the Blob!

I remember one dream where the Blob came after me (the 1988 Blob not the 1958 Blob), and it engulfed me, and I was completely drowned and my body was dissolved, but...I was still dreaming, so it turned out that now I WAS the Blob.

It didn't feel like much. I was able to control the motion and contract and expand, extend pseudopodia, etc etc, but there was no real tactile sensation from across my membraneous exterior. There was a general discomfort from the tall grass getting uprooted and sticking in my ventral surface (until it dissolved), but apart from that there was almost no sense of touch whatsoever.

I'm not really sure what I was seeing out of.

You know, I think this dream marked the point where I was no longer as freaked out by the Blob. I used to be freaky scared by the Blob as a kid. But an experience like this tends to give you perspective.

NO I DIDN'T ABSORB ANYBODY. For an enormous formless mass, I was totally reformed. Morally speaking.

Still, it was an unpleasant dream. I was sad that I was the Blob. I was glad I'd been able to "take over" somehow, and thus halt the gooey, murderous rampage, but I was very sad that my nice happy body had been totally consumed and dissolved! Poor body.

The death itself was pretty grody. I mean, I basically drowned, but it was a drowning within a thick, viscous and corrosive gel. Maybe suffocation would be a better word? But it felt more like drowning. Definitely a liquid aspect. That gunk right down in my lungs! And then I started seeping out and drifting apart as I dissolved. Disgusting! Yuck!

I wish now that at the time I'd been more cognizant that it was only a dream, and that I'd focused on doing more cool things and experimenting after I became the Blob.

Anyway, I was getting plenty of nutrition from the grass. The Blob's just an asshole, going after people like that. If you ask me.

No comments: