Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Monday, March 16, 2009

So I Watched Watchmen

I'm going to draw an inference here. I'm going to postulate a hypothesis based on what I've observed from the infinite spate of superhero flicks lately. Here is what I've observed:

Simple physics dictates that a person wearing a costume can beat an arbitrarily large number of people not wearing costumes. This principle applies even if the costumed individual doesn't have any super powers, and it applies even if the arbitrarily large number of non-costumed opponents is so arbitrarily large as to render the whole skirmish faintly ridiculous.

We'll see if others can or will back me up on my findings. The implications seem quite provocative.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll come back later... I forgot I need to stop by the costume shop... Where do you live again?

dogimo said...

Where I live...they all wear costumes.

Good ol' Santa Cruz California!

Sean Scully said...

Actually, I strongly suspect that the number is not Arbitrary, just very difficult to calculate.

dogimo said...

I think they just say "arbitrarily large" to mean an indeterminately large but not an infinitely large number.

Of course they often slap other parameters on there that limit and clarify what is meant, but I wasn't trying to reduce it to hard math. I was just trying to sound smart.

I have a certain standard to maintain: sounding smart.

Sean Scully said...

As Woody Allen once observed, people will believe anything as long as it is said in a well modulated voice. Sounding smart is half the battle in BEING smart. keep up the fine work.

dogimo said...

Thank you sir! And you do likewise.