Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring: A Time of New Beginnings

Fuck Spring! Where was Spring when I had to walk two miles in the freezing rain, drunk off my ass, carrying all my earthly belongings in the crook of my left arm? Where was Spring when those two guys jumped me in broad daylight, and the sidewalk ended up littered with blood-soaked teeth? Where was Spring when my right front tire blew out twice in the space of ten minutes on Highway 17 (I changed that first one FAST!)? Where was Spring when the Westfold fell?

Well, whatever. What's past is past. I'll tell you where Spring is now.

It's HERE.

Let's get it!!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Using my mind powers, that YOU DON'T MIND, to harness yours. HELP!

Affect, effect??? See blog.

::ormisba!!:: Sounds like an incantation...I'm going dancing in the spring moonlight! I might whisper, "Ormisba..." :D

Hey! My post is on Spring so this is not off topic. Huh.

dogimo said...

Are you asking me when to use affect and when to use effect?

For anything like that, those various word-pair confusions, I always just google the word pair and am confronted with an astounding number of authoritative resources:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=affect+effect&aq=f&oq=

It's generally not a matter of opinion when it comes to homophones, so you can feel confident relying on the expertise of pretty much any ol' .edu site!