Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Thursday, April 09, 2009

A Better Place

feelings are inadequate
let alone words
I try so hard not to think about it
I try so hard that it hurts
- there is a better place
than this

there has to be
but I wish I could pull you back
from where you are,
to me
there is a moment between waking up from a dream
and remembering what you know
there's nothing to do about it
there's nothing to do about it
just don't let go

I close my eyes
but I still can't stop seeing you
you don't look sad
or in pain
and I have to believe that it's true
- that there is a better place
than this

there has to be
and if you can hear me now
please just stay close to me
there is an ocean of grief between faith and belief
I can't even begin to know
there's nothing to do about it
but if you are near to me now
please don't let go

No comments: