Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Cooking Cookies is EASY!

It's so easy! I don't even believe how I thought it was hard. I guess I was like, "hey, why don't I build it up into something really mysterious and difficult even though it isn't even?" And I did! I totally did. But it's not - it's easy!

Cooking cookies, all you do is, you get the wet parts such as liquid or egg, and the dry parts including maybe your sugars and spices such as flour, or baking soda, and such as, and you mix them in a way that they combine. Batter up! Then you cook it in the shape of cookies! It's very easy - so easy! The batter hardens into cookies, just from the heat of it!

You don't even - they say you need a sheet or a, what do they call it, a baking tin - but you don't. You can just improvise, use whatever comes to hand that suits the purpose! As long as it's reasonably flat, and can take the heat in the oven while you are cooking those cookies, so what about technical refinements? So what. What works, works.

Why do they fetishize this into some whole big mystery of kitchen skills? Man, it's SO easy. Easy! Cooking cookies, it's a snap and it could be a habit. And you have a whole bunch of them to show for it, as long as you mix enough of that sweet, sticky batter!

The cookies tasted awful, though. Real bad.

No comments: