Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Monday, April 27, 2009

Gettin' Healthy, Lookin' Good!

I'm turning over a new leaf, so to speak, in my efforts to exhibit the same healthy lifestyle I've always seen myself as personifying, despite how I often fall short of the mark. Those of us who know the score on nutrition and health, it's not enough to know it and it's not enough to tell it. You need to set the example as well! So I've decided to step it up. Today and from now on, every day I am bringing in two pieces of fruit with me to work!

It's a cheap and easy way to put forward a healthier face and "walk the talk" as it were. And as long as the fruit is purchased at its peak of fresh-pickedness, those same two pieces of fruit should last me a good couple of weeks.

After that, you have to change 'em out. Freshness is important. Coming in each day with a black banana and a moldy-ass orange - how the heck does that help anybody look healthy?

No comments: