Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I Love Beets!

I LOVE BEETS. I love 'em to the point where I'm exploring new ways I can work them into my diet.

Pasta sauce, why not? Tomatoes have a sweetness, so do beets. I can't envision a flavor impasse, here. Long as it's all in balance, choose the right herbs and spices, some onion, some salt, pick the right variety of fresh tomatoes and the right variety of beets, sure - put some beets in that sauce too! Why can't you? Some people add carrots to their bolognese, don't tell me no roots allowed! And just imagine the vivid RED color. On some blanche-white angel hair? Ooo lah lah-dee-dah.

Other things too. I could learn to make a borscht.

Hey, if you don't love beets, if you can't stand beets, well all I can say is don't blame me if you end up in hell, and I end up in heaven, and we both find ourselves sitting at the same table because, I can tell you what they're about to be serving us up in that situation:

BEETS.

No comments: