Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Swine Flu, Swine Flu - Whatcha Gonna Do?

In times of stress I think it's important to respond seriously to the threat of crisis while maintaining a sense of humor and keeping morale up. With that in mind, I propose the distribution of and/or the making available for purchase of the following:

  • pink face mask/respirators with a little PIGGIE NOSE!!

That would be functional and adorable. A way to say: "I'm doing my part to protect my health and prevent the spread of pandemic!" while at the same time saying "Oink!"

Needless to say, the piggie nose would be engineered in such a way that it would in no way compromise the efficacy of the device. Or maybe it could even improve it. It could be packed with extra filtration, which perhaps could make a-gruntin' and a-oinkin' noises if you breathe extra forcefully.

Cheerfulness in the face of annihilation! The Brits have had a lock on that trait for years. Let's get on top of the problem and at the same time, one-up those stiff-upper-lippers!

No comments: