Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Tips on Eating Butter

One thing I always do is get the unsalted butter. Because then you can unwrap a stick, put in in the butter dish (always use the butter dish, it's traditional), salt it, and then by virtue of that, it's just like any other food you've salted. Dig in!

Whereas, if you buy the salted butter, it seems like a step-saver but really it just creates an off-putting situation. The idea of just unwrapping a stick of it and taking a big bite, kind of unseemly in some way. It's like squeezing the mustard right straight into your mouth!

Ever try that? It's unseemly. It's unseemily delicious!

But the point is, you can't just treat a condiment like it's a food, not on its own. But butter, once you salt it, you can look at it more as a food. Nobody salts condiments! But once you've salted it, that butter might just as well be a soft, mild sort of cheese at that point.

I salt cheese. It's good!

Yes it's true, one could buy the salted butter and salt it anyway. But that's a little much for today's healthy-conscious lifestyle, at least it is for mine. I love salt, but everybody says: cut down. So I do my part.

Ever salt mustard? Some commercial mustards, they want salt. Just a pinch.

One thing I didn't foresee when I started this little "blog" deal was how many tips I'd be putting out there, for the people. For those in need of tips, for the ill-advised, the unadvised or the unwary. I don't know how it's been working out for others, but for me the whole "tips" bit has been a real nice, unexpected bonus. Click on the "tips" link in the labels footer, to see more tips.

(that's a tip!)

Only one of the services we provide.

No comments: