Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Type-A Spirituality

Yup! That about sums me up. You know. Like a "Type-A Personality," only...more to the spiritual side of things. You know. Putting it in perspective, with a view to the invisible. But very emphatic about it. Type-A Spirituality!

Hey, you gotta believe in something, right? I mean, everybody believes in something. What about aliens? Even aliens believe in something! Some people think aliens used to be angels, they just got clothed into a new evolution of the mythological paradigm as society mutated down through the ages, and the fashions of the intellect got skewed to the science side. So instead of coming out of heaven, these otherworldy beings are now coming out of the universe. Everything's got to come out of the universe, now! It's hip to be from the universe. Whereas angels, where are they from? Some kind of dimension - we call it "heaven" but who's seen it, where is it? The modern-day "Skeptic Thomas" has his fingers outstretched to probe those mysteries! We prefer the stars, which at least we can touch with our instruments. So personally yeah, I think that's a big sticky batch of bull, but I can see how people of differing priorities fall for it.

See, to me, this whole "everything has to come from the universe" kick is really just another name for good old fashion materialism. Albeit, on a heavier scale. And me? I go in for the spiritual side. As I've said. So we can disagree there. But my point is: even the aliens believe in something. Maybe they believe they're angels!

But that's a little delusional on their part. Hey, imagine having to deal with aliens who were also religious nuts! What a nightmare. Aren't earthlings bad enough as it is?

Another reason I lean hard to the spiritual side. God. I mean yes, I have a material side too. I'm from the universe! That's not where I'm from, though.

It's all kind of simple and mysterious.

No comments: