Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Saturday, May 16, 2009

For Some Reason, I Feel Like WINE.

For some reason, I feel like wine. I feel like wine, reminiscences, and talking about love. So I'm going to do it! I'm going to do all three: wine, reminisce, talk about love. I'm not really in the mood for white wine, but since that's all I've got cold, it'll have to do.

Ah! A nice glass of wine. To go with the reminiscences, and all this talk of love.

Talking of love, I am no where near done with that shit. This last little episode, you know - HER - well, think what you want. You can judge her if you want, but I don't. Still, just based on the experience itself, what with that junk that was pulled, it's like you'd think any old fool would pack it up and call it in. Call the hospital organs committee, tell 'em where to pick up the heart you no longer need.

But not me. For one thing, I'm not going to even donate my organs. Yes, I know, it seems selfish doesn't it? But it's not. I can't get into it here.

So as I was saying, I'm nowhere near done with love.

Or with wine.

Or with reminiscences.

So I stand fast, soldiering on like Donny fucking Osmond. Only whereas he was a thief in the night, who can't get enough, I prefer a more frontal assault approach to my love soldiery. Metaphorically, I mean. I'm not talking sexual assault. More like a determined campaign of emotion, with love the victory to be one. Won/one. Two become one. It works.

So, despite having every good reason to conclude I suck, the world sucks, women suck, love sucks, I remain optimistic in spite of it all. In it's FACE, of it all, so to speak. One day I am determined, I have determined that I'll find the woman who deserves to have a man like me. Or the man! But if it's a man I find, a man who deserves to have a man like me, that's going to be one awkward scene. I'll just have to break it to him straight: dude. I'm sorry, but your equipment's wrong. Not wrong like morally wrong, objectively wrong, it's just subjectively wrong. Wrong for my purposes, wrong. There's just nothing there I really want to work with. I'm sorry.

At that point I guess the whole thing will be justified karma on me, for me breaking that poor dude's heart same as mine was. I hate to think of it. Then I'll know how it felt when I got my heart broken. Only I knew that already, I guess. I mean, I was there. But this time, I'll realize it was all deserved in some way, retroactively. And that will provide some sense of closure. But doesn't karma violate the time space continuum?

So. Anyway. Time for a few reminiscences.

Hm. That one was nothing I can really type out. Too involved.

I love life. I have been extremely lucky in life.

Let me see if I can think of anything else to reminisce about.

No comments: