Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Help Me Out Here, Music Industry Moguls!

Can't anybody get Green Day to do an awesome cover version of the "Charles In Charge" theme and put it on their next album? Just imagine how great that would sound!

Imagine Billie Joe's fake English accent sneering his way through those lyrics: "Charles in charge! Of my Day! And my Night! Charles in charge! Of my Wrong! And my Right! And you see...I!!! want!! Charles in charge of me...I!!! want!! Charles in charge of me!"

It would be like some depraved punk meditation on consensual fascism.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea, it would work a treat!. And when they’ve laid down that track, I’d love them to attempt the best opening theme song ever …

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7YueVrn_u0&feature=related


The way Pugwall snarls the opening line …”Nobody tells me what to do, no not me. Nobody tells me what to say, can't you see"

Now that’s stickin’ it to “The Man”

Pugwall was punk.

Mel ...

dogimo said...

That dude's mouth alone is scarier than two or three Stephen King adaptations put together.

Why on earth would the choice be "Pugwall" for the main character name?

Yes, I saw "based on the novel by..." but that's just pushing the question back one step.