Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Saturday, May 09, 2009

Open Dream Journey #61: And Only One Shall Awake

AG!! I just had this HORRIBLE dream, it was so weird! There were two of me, and I was both of them!

And I had been knocked on my back, or I had tripped - I don't know, this was how the dream started out! With me frantically scrabbling backwards away kicking my heels (dress shoes - I was in business attire, funny the things you notice) against the ground in a panicky rapid flail, just trying to kick myself backwards, my arms outstretched, each hand holding one of a pair of enormous handguns which buck and thunder in turn as I squeeze off slow, measured, carefully-aimed shots.

But I just keep coming! Walking calmly forward with no seeming effect, grimly advancing upon my prone opponent, arms stretching outwards, fingers grasping and gripping, eyes narrowing, face spreading in an implacable sneer - it was like, unheimlich! Very yea,-though-I-walk-through-the-Uncanny-Valley effect.

It was awful. I mean, there was just no STOPPING me, I just kept on COMING no matter what! Plus, I had those GUNS. And I just kept firing! It's was just too scary and weird!

Thank God I woke up. I didn't want to see what was about to happen next. Shudders!

No comments: